Graphics over mathlink.

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg16027] Graphics over mathlink.
  • From: tobiasoed at
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 02:52:11 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi all, I have a problem to get graphics on my screen.

I am using jmath jim radford. This is a terminal like
interface to Mathematica much nicer than what comes with
Mathematica. (editing, history etc).
I modified the thing a little bit so the kernel runs on
a remote machine and the frontend on the local one. I have
Mathematica on both machines, both are UNIX. I would now like to
create a mathlink back from the kernel to the local
machine to display graphics. Inspiring myself from the
configuration files

I try to open the link using:

LinkOpen["rsh localhost -l loginname
.../math/SystemFiles/Graphics/Binaries/HP-RISC/motifps -display DISPLAY
-mathlink -linkmode ParentConnect",LinkMode ->Launch]

but I get the following error messoge from motifps

.../math/SystemFiles/Graphics/Binaries/HP-RISC/motifps: X resources not
present. Please install them and try again.

any ideas ? Tobias