Syntax error in notebook saved as package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16068] Syntax error in notebook saved as package
  • From: "David Keith" <dkeith at sarif.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:45:22 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a notebook I wish to save in package format. After using the "save
as special - package" method I do indeed get a text file with all but
appropriate initialization cells commented out. But --- although the
notebook works fine, when loading the package I get a syntax error. Viewing
the text shows it to be a single cell with all of the command lines. Using
"corrupt.m" to read the file also identifies the syntax error and assigns
it to a large function definition module, which is too large to easily find
the problem. Since some of the lines are long they have been wrapped, and I
can't tell if appropriate line continuation characters exist or are used.

Can anyone offer advice on this?

Thanks.