Syntax error in notebook saved as package
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16068] Syntax error in notebook saved as package
- From: "David Keith" <dkeith at sarif.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 03:45:22 -0500
- Organization: Sarif
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a notebook I wish to save in package format. After using the "save as special - package" method I do indeed get a text file with all but appropriate initialization cells commented out. But --- although the notebook works fine, when loading the package I get a syntax error. Viewing the text shows it to be a single cell with all of the command lines. Using "corrupt.m" to read the file also identifies the syntax error and assigns it to a large function definition module, which is too large to easily find the problem. Since some of the lines are long they have been wrapped, and I can't tell if appropriate line continuation characters exist or are used. Can anyone offer advice on this? Thanks.