Re: Strange results from Integrate
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg16084] Re: Strange results from Integrate
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 08:24:49 -0500
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Integrate will use the low precision numbers you enter.
If you type just 12.5 you have only 16 digits and that is not
sufficient for the numeric of the final evaluation. Try
Hope that helps
Sergio Terrazas wrote:
> Dear mathgroupers:
> I was working with a probability density function when I got the following
> strange result:
> f[x_]= Exp[-20 (x-12.5)]
snip snap snip snap ..
> What is going on?
> Is Integrate just unrelaiable with non exact numbers?? (Scary !!)
> I will appreciate any comments from the insiders.
> Thanks in advance ( Oh! by the way, I an using v. 3.0.1 for windows)
> Sergio Terrazas
> Juarez, Mexico
Prev by Date:
Re: Win 98 Printing Problems
Next by Date:
Re: CompiledFunction for matrices ??
Previous by thread:
RE: Strange results from Integrate
Next by thread:
fonts and mathematica/publicon