Appearance in MacOS 8.5

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg16130] Appearance in MacOS 8.5
  • From: "Joshua A. Solomon" <j.solomon at ucl.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 03:23:03 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Math Group

The webpage
http://www.wolfram.com/support/Systems/Macintosh/FE/AppearancePatch.html
describes a bug in MacOS that affects Mathematica.
I first encountered this bug when I upgraded to MacOS 8.0.
The aforementioned webpage also describes a remedy for this bug:
a patch for the Appearance Extension.
When I upgraded to MacOS 8.5, the Appearance Extension
disappeared from my Extensions folder and the bug returned.
I downloaded the patch again from Wolfram's website, along
with the extension. I placed the extension in the Extensions
folder, applied the patch and restarted my Mac. The bug is still there.

js
--
Joshua A. Solomon
Institute of Ophthalmology