Inline Equations in Text Cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15374] Inline Equations in Text Cells
  • From: "Roger Miskowicz" <aretae at magma.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 23:58:27 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've tried to use inline equations within a text cell (properties set to
evaluate) that need to have the result shown in some text e.g. The
input "2 squared = 2^2."  when evaluated should be:  "2 squared = 4."

But I get strange results like
4.00 2 squared =

Don't worry about the decimal places I know how to fix that.

There other interesting note that in Windows 95 ctrl+0 doesn't work to
close and inline cell.  I have to select the formula the press ctrl+9

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
   Thanks
        Roger