Re: listplot and notebook directory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15383] Re: listplot and notebook directory
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 03:14:46 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Maarten:

>1. LISTPLOT

At present, ListPlot will not show points and lines together Here is one
way round - you could build this into a function ListPlotPL with two
extra options LineStyle and PointStyle.

Show[Block[{$DisplayFunction=Identity},ListPlot[{0,2,4,9,16,25},#]&/@
   {
    {PlotJoined -> True,PlotStyle->{Thickness[.01],Hue[2/3]}
    },
     {PlotStyle->{PointSize[0.05], Hue[0]}}
   }
 ],
 PlotRange->All,Frame->True
];

>2. NOTEBOOK DIRECTORY

The following might help

DirectoryName[ToFileName["FileName"/.NotebookInformation[SelectedNotebook[]]
]]

    "C:\\WINDOWS\\Desktop\\"

Allan

Allan Hayes