Re: Baby mathlink question.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15395] Re: Baby mathlink question.
  • From: kevinl (Kevin Leuthold)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 03:14:56 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

John,

On Solaris, as opposed to most other Unix operating systems, you need to
link against two other libraries, libnsl and libsocket.  mcc should
automatically do this for you, but it doesn't (this will be fixed in
the next major version of Mathematica).

So, change

mcc -o sample2
-I/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions
sample2.tm

mcc -o sample2
-I/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions
sample2.tm -lnsl -lsocket

Kevin Leuthold
MathLink Group
Wolfram Research