Baby mathlink question.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15319] Baby mathlink question.
  • From: John L Weatherwax <wax at mit.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 04:15:09 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,
	I am new at this and am having trouble getting MathLink to work for the
first time.  I am trying the example in the Mathematica book.  I have
the following two files, sample2.tm and sample2.c

sample2.tm...

:Begin:
:Function:	f
:Pattern:	f[x_Integer, y_Integer]
:Arguments:	{x, y}
:ArgumentTypes:	{Integer, Integer}
:ReturnType:	Integer
:End:

sample2.c...

#include "mathlink.h"

int f(int x, int y) {
	return x+y;
}

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
	return MLMain(argc, argv);
}

I am running on a unix platform and I type

mcc -o sample2
-I/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions
sample2.tm

and I get back...

 symbol                             in file socket

/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
recv
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
f                                   sample2.tm.o gethostbyname

/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
accept
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
send
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
bind
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
setsockopt
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
gethostbyaddr
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
getsockname
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
main                                /opt/SUNWspro/SC4.0/lib/crt1.o
listen
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
connect
/usr/local/mathematica3.0/AddOns/MathLink/DevelopersKits/Solaris/CompilerAdditions/libML.a(sockport.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to sample2

I am sure that there is a one line answer to why this is not working.  I
would greatly appreciate any help, anyone with more experience (or
brains) than myself could give.

	Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance,

	John Weatherwax