Re: Use of Rectangle ??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15408] Re: Use of Rectangle ??
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:57:22 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi Ted,

here is a more usefull example showing a plot on a free place  of a
second one

gr1=Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,Pi}];
gr2=Plot[Cos[x],{x,0,Pi},
    Epilog->{Rectangle[Scaled [{0.5,0.5}],Scaled [{0.9,0.9}],gr1]}]

This feature may be usefull if you draw a enlarged part of a function
and in the Rectangle[] an global view.

Rectangle[] effectives scale its third argument and place it in the
picture.

Hope that helps
  Jens