Re: Using Mathematica over Telnet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15504] Re: [mg15488] Using Mathematica over Telnet
  • From: Iacovos Kyprianou <nskypr at ucy.ac.cy>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:47:08 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Goeman

If you can, you can use an xserver, if you have one. If you work on a
windows platform you can download one from internet. If you work on a
unix mashine then it is easier you boot into xwindows and give your
display ip to the mashine running mathematica and when you Plot a graph
the motif (for sun) graphics will display on the monitor. With this you
can also call mathematica front end (Mathematica) and it' ll work fine.
You will have some problems with the fonts but when you set the default
input output to input output Form then it will be fine. Finally if all
this dont work you can use Display[] to save your graphs as gif, eps,
tiff ...

Yakoumis