Re: Next Version of Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg15671] Re: Next Version of Mathematica?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 04:29:03 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I always worry that delay in a new version means that the developers are
waiting for commonly-available hardware to catch up with the demands of
the software.

I, too, saw the beta at the June conference, and obviously it seemed to
be running with the hardware there, but I don't know how fast or how
much RAM those banks of PCs and Macs had.

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

--
Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu Mathematics &
Statistics Dept.       phone 413 549-1020 (H) Univ. of Massachusetts