col-vector * row-vector = matrix, how ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18451] col-vector * row-vector = matrix, how ?
- From: malte.lance at gmx.net (Malte Lance)
- Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:34 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Need to know how to accomplish the following in Mathematica-3.0: v1 := transpose(<a,b,c>) /* column-vector */ v2 := <x,y,z> /* row-vector */ ( ax ay az ) ( bx by bz ) = v1 * v2 =: m /* 3x3-matrix */ ( cx cy cz ) Does anyone know how to do this in Mathematica ? Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Malte. -- Malte Lance. --- composed with knews