Mathematica -> High Performance Fortran
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18441] Mathematica -> High Performance Fortran
- From: Anton Antonov <anton at unidhp1.uni-c.dk>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:28 -0400
- Organization: UNI-C, Denmark
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, Recently I presented in the Hewlett Packard conference HiPer'99 the paper "Translating Mathematica expressions to High Performance Fortran" with the following abstract: This paper introduces some ideas for translating the functional language Mathematica to the data-parallel language High Performance Fortran (HPF). It first discusses why we have the ability to do that. Then it gives some interpretations by Category Theory. Third the translating approach is presented for different Mathematica expressions that could be interpreted as specifications for parallel independence, reduction, task parallelism and subprogram's data mapping. Last is shown a simple executable program generated by the translator. You can find more about that on http://www.imm.dtu.dk./~aaa/MathematicaToHPF.html .