Mathematica -> High Performance Fortran

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg18441] Mathematica -> High Performance Fortran
  • From: Anton Antonov <anton at>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:28 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Recently I presented in the Hewlett Packard conference HiPer'99  the
    "Translating Mathematica expressions to High Performance Fortran"
with the following abstract:

This paper introduces some ideas for translating the functional language
Mathematica to the data-parallel language High Performance Fortran
(HPF). It first discusses why we have the ability to do that. Then it
gives some interpretations by Category Theory. Third the translating
approach is presented for different Mathematica expressions that could
be interpreted as specifications for parallel independence, reduction,
task parallelism and
subprogram's data mapping. Last is shown a simple executable program
generated by the translator.

You can find more about that on .