Re: HOW BEST for figs: Mathematica -> Textures -> PDF ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18447] Re: HOW BEST for figs: Mathematica -> Textures -> PDF ?
  • From: no at mail.pls (Daitaro Hagihara)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:32 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

My setup is very much like yours, except older (quite old for some).
I have two suggestions.  One is to use nb2tex program (available from
version 2 archives of Mathsource).  This is recommended.  Another is
my own solution, mma-link.lisp, which was originally developed for
demo of my work, but eventually evolved into a personal pet project.
It's available from digitool (www.digitool.com).  The installation is
complicated, and quite so if you are not familiar with Common Lisp.
The final version 0.99 can save EPS files with previews in both Mac
and PC formats.  Note that if you use nb2tex, you have to create
preview pics in some other programs, such as Adobe Illustrator.
Note also that mma-link only works with Mathematica front end 2.2.

I do not know of converting to PDF from Textures.  Can Distiller
read DVI's?