Re: 2-Up Printing?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18452] Re: 2-Up Printing?
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:11:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Dell Kronewitter wrote:

> I have tried to use the program "psnup" to 2-up some postscript
> files created from a notebook,  but also just got garbled math
> characters.

That is because you sent the print job to the printer without first having
downloaded the Type 1 versions of the Math fonts to the printer.  The
garbling that you describe is the effect of your printer saying "I don't
know what you mean by Math1, so I'll use a default font (e.g. Courier)
instead."

You may want to consider reviewing the FAQ most appropriate for your
platform.

http://support.wolfram.com/Systems/All/ManualFontDownload.html

--
P.J. Hinton