Re: Simplifying constants

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg18515] Re: Simplifying constants
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:32:52 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

since Set[b+c+d+e,A] is nonsense I assume you mean Equal[b+c+d+e,A].
It is a matter of taste *what* you regard as simpler equations.

I use typical pattern matching to turn
a==b to a-b==0

or to exchange
a==b to b==a.

How ever the best and unique form is to force that all your equations
are look lilke
expr == 0