Re: Livegraphics3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18549] Re: Livegraphics3D
  • From: Dan Truong <dtruong at irisa.fr>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 02:18:46 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

When I look at my graphics, it seems that there doesn't need to be
an intersection for the graphic engine to generate (light) overlapping
bugs.

If polygons are close to each other (maybe in the same cube space?)
they may be drawned overlapped the wrong way.

BTW, with Intel machines with Direct3D or others with OpenGL engines,
doesn't Java provide fast drawing methods? Zbuffer access, hw or sw?
Myabe it needs hardware specific plugins like Shockwave?

I've noted a serious difference in loading time between my UltraSparc
and a PC based machine (PC much faster :( ). It seems that loading
time is deendant of file size, but is not related to connection
bandwidth (even local it's slow on >100KB g3d)

Sorry Mar...tin ;))

Dan-
--
Dan N. Truong,  IRISA, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes Cedex, FRANCE
tel:(+33)2 99 84 73 36            fax:(+33)2 99 84 25 28