Re: Re: "At long last, Sir, have you no shame?"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18551] Re: [mg18524] Re: "At long last, Sir, have you no shame?"
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at Home.com>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 02:18:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I agree, the Mathematica answer is *clearly* nonsense, and for wri to claim
otherwise because "Sum has attribute HoldAll" indicates that that person is
more fascinated with the software than the purpose that the users have for
purchasing it.  I did not purchase Mathematica because of this "feature", rather to
solve problems.  The most insidious thing about such bugs is that they may
not be so obvious in a complex piece of analysis.

Kevin