Re: importing multiple files
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18647] Re: importing multiple files
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 01:45:41 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7mej9h$9hg at smc.vnet.net>, "pytr" <pytr224 at mynet.com> writes: > I need to import multiple files in text format which are written by another > system. I don't want to use math link at this time. > > The basic routine needed is > > > SetDirectory ["c:\dumpdir/myreports"] > Label [beginproc] > flst= FileNames[ "*z.txt"] > filename=First[flst] > Get[filename] > DeleteFile[filename] > Goto beginproc > > > using the above file list, I need to import and run each file, then erase > each file after processing,then look for new files. > > Any advice? > > > The current program only loops once.. Scan is your friend in this case. Here is a rework of your example. SetDirectory["C:\\dumpdir\\myreports]; flst= FileNames["*z.txt"]; Scan[(Get[#]; DeleteFile[#])&, flst] -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.