Removing hidden polygons in 3D graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18721] Removing hidden polygons in 3D graphics
  • From: Dan Truong <dtruong at irisa.fr>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:41 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is there a routine to remove the polygons of a 3D graphics
which are fully hidden, to reduce postscript file sizes and
speed up their rendering (EPS in my casE) ?

When I compile & view Latex files, I see all the layers which
are drawn from bottom to top... it's not very fast, and a lot
of data is just wasted.

I know little of 3D rendering, but it might be even be easy
to implement at some point on Graphics3D once the view angle
is chosen , either during EPS generation in Display[] or
in Show[]?

Thanks,

Dan-