Removing hidden polygons in 3D graphics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18721] Removing hidden polygons in 3D graphics
- From: Dan Truong <dtruong at irisa.fr>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:41 -0400
- Organization: IRISA, FRANCE
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Is there a routine to remove the polygons of a 3D graphics
which are fully hidden, to reduce postscript file sizes and
speed up their rendering (EPS in my casE) ?
When I compile & view Latex files, I see all the layers which
are drawn from bottom to top... it's not very fast, and a lot
of data is just wasted.
I know little of 3D rendering, but it might be even be easy
to implement at some point on Graphics3D once the view angle
is chosen , either during EPS generation in Display or
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: How to import 3D STL or IGES File to M-ma?
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Solving difficult integral a follow up
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Removing hidden polygons in 3D graphics