Removing hidden polygons in 3D graphics

Is there a routine to remove the polygons of a 3D graphics
which are fully hidden, to reduce postscript file sizes and
speed up their rendering (EPS in my casE) ?

When I compile & view Latex files, I see all the layers which
are drawn from bottom to top... it's not very fast, and a lot
of data is just wasted.

I know little of 3D rendering, but it might be even be easy
to implement at some point on Graphics3D once the view angle
is chosen , either during EPS generation in Display[] or
in Show[]?

Thanks,

Dan-