Re: Re: How to import 3D STL or IGES File to M-ma?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18712] Re: [mg18658] Re: How to import 3D STL or IGES File to M-ma?
- From: Manuel Arala Chaves <machaves at fc.up.pt>
- Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 02:36:35 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Jens-Peer Kuska wrote: > Hi, > > you got no answer because no one knows > what a 3D STL or IGS file is. > > Is it something to eat ? Is it a computer virus ? I don't think it would be nice to eat it: STL -> stereolithography. I had in the past a reference to a package that would do the opposite: export 3D graphics to STL, with some restrictions, I suppose. But I am not sure if I would be able to find the exact reference again. Anyway usually machines which work with STL also accept DXF and for this there exists WriteDXF, included in the "Utilities"`DXF` or MVLoadDXF and MVWriteDXF in your (Jens Peer's) OpenGLViewer. Regards Manuel > > Regards > Jens > > Wladimir Jordanow wrote: > > > > I just have allrady posted this message for several times, > > but still did not get any answer. > > Please help me if you can! > > My question is as the subject. > > Thanks for any help! > > > > Wladimir > >