Re: Is there a FAQ? (Clear all)

In article <7mjv38$fni at smc.vnet.net>, Jos Bergervoet <bergervo at iaehv.iae.nl> writes:

> I would like to use a command like 'restart' in Mathematica.
>
> But: neither Restart nor Clear["*"] does what I want (it should be
> as if I quit and restart!) Is there a Mathematica FAQ? Or does anyone
> know how to do a quick restart? The help function on my system seems
> to work with CD roms in the background somewhere. I can't wait for
> that long :-)

In Mathematica 3.0 and 4, there is a package, Utilities`CleanSlate`,
which accomplishes what you're describing.  You can find the package
in

ToFileName[{$TopDirectory, "AddOns", "ExtraPackages", "Utilities"}]

The documentation for the package is contained within the comments
in the .m file.  N.B. the warning in the header of the package.

(* :Warning:
     CleanSlate might be considered a "dangerous" function, given what
     it tries to do. Although it is well-tested, use it at your own
     risk.
*)

--
P.J. Hinton