Problem with FourierTransform in V4
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18823] Problem with FourierTransform in V4
- From: "Alex Scheitlin" <alex-s at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:35 -0400
- Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm running Mathematica 4 on Windows and found the following odd situation,
in: FourierTransform[y'[x] + y[x], x, w]
out:FourierTransform[y'[x] + y[x], x, w]
FourierTransform didn't distribute over addition.
in: FourierTransform[y'[x] , x, w]
out:-\[ImaginaryI] w FourierTransform[y[x], x, w]
I found FourierTransform[u[x]+v[x], x, w] also didn't work even though it
did work when expressions were assigned to u and v.
BTW: Wolfram support said use Distribute[FourierTransform[...]] as a
Prev by Date:
Re: HDF export
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Q: Can I create a button function ?
Next by thread: