- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18826] Re: ValueBoxes
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:37 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7n133q$bde at smc.vnet.net>, "Adam Law" <adamlaw at cyllene.uwa.edu.au> writes: > Is is possible to give use variable like I define such as Name="Adam Law" in > a box such as a value box??? > This is similar to a field object in Microsoft Word for use in text cells? > > Asking the easy questions, Unfortunately, ValueBox objects can display only option and session variable names in the front end. There is no user-extensible mechanism for doing what you describe. If your operating system supports the concept of a user name, it is possible for the front end to display this value. ValueBox["$UserName"] -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.