- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18826] Re: ValueBoxes
- From: paulh at wolfram.com (P.J. Hinton)
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:37 -0400
- Organization: Wolfram Research, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7n133q$bde at smc.vnet.net>, "Adam Law" <adamlaw at cyllene.uwa.edu.au> writes:
> Is is possible to give use variable like I define such as Name="Adam Law" in
> a box such as a value box???
> This is similar to a field object in Microsoft Word for use in text cells?
> Asking the easy questions,
Unfortunately, ValueBox objects can display only option and
session variable names in the front end. There is no user-extensible
mechanism for doing what you describe.
If your operating system supports the concept of a user name, it
is possible for the front end to display this value.
Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.
Prev by Date:
Re: InputStream in version 3 vs version 4
Next by Date:
Re(2): Re: Rationalizing the denominator (better solution!)
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Compile problem: Mathematica 4