Re: ValueBoxes

In article <7n133q$bde at smc.vnet.net>, "Adam Law" <adamlaw at cyllene.uwa.edu.au> writes:

> Is is possible to give use variable like I define such as Name="Adam Law" in
> a box such as a value box???
> This is similar to a field object in Microsoft Word for use in text cells?
>
> Asking the easy questions,

Unfortunately, ValueBox[] objects can display only option and
session variable names in the front end.  There is no user-extensible
mechanism for doing what you describe.

If your operating system supports the concept of a user name, it
is possible for the front end to display this value.

	ValueBox["$UserName"]

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com