- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18821] Re: ARghh!!
- From: "Alex Scheitlin" <alex-s at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:34 -0400
- Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Should simplify on its own but ((1+ 2 I) - (43 - 4 I))//Simplify will work O. Matt Umurhan <matt at NOSPAM.kelvin.nas.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:7n12tn$bd7 at smc.vnet.net... > To Whomever Can Help Me: > > I am having the worst time dealing with a complex numbered expression. > The problem is this: I have a numerical expression I wish mathematica > to evaluate, the expression happens to be complex. So, I have it > do the evaluation and for output it gives me, for example, > > Out= ((1+ 2 I) - (43 - 4 I)) > > when the ouput ought to read: > > Out= -42 - 2 I > > it leaves the output with these damned parenthesis in there and > I do not know, for the life of me, how get take this output and > remove these strange and pesky parens. > > > Please, anyone,....help..... > > -mu > > > Dr. O. M. Umurhan > Center for Turbulence Research > Nasa Ames Research Center > Moffett Field, CA 94035 > > (650)-604-3950 > > > >