- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18821] Re: ARghh!!
- From: "Alex Scheitlin" <alex-s at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:34 -0400
- Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Should simplify on its own but ((1+ 2 I) - (43 - 4 I))//Simplify will work
O. Matt Umurhan <matt at NOSPAM.kelvin.nas.nasa.gov> wrote in message
news:7n12tn$bd7 at smc.vnet.net...
> To Whomever Can Help Me:
> I am having the worst time dealing with a complex numbered expression.
> The problem is this: I have a numerical expression I wish mathematica
> to evaluate, the expression happens to be complex. So, I have it
> do the evaluation and for output it gives me, for example,
> Out= ((1+ 2 I) - (43 - 4 I))
> when the ouput ought to read:
> Out= -42 - 2 I
> it leaves the output with these damned parenthesis in there and
> I do not know, for the life of me, how get take this output and
> remove these strange and pesky parens.
> Please, anyone,....help.....
> Dr. O. M. Umurhan
> Center for Turbulence Research
> Nasa Ames Research Center
> Moffett Field, CA 94035
Prev by Date:
Re(2): Re: Rationalizing the denominator (better solution!)
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: