- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18797] Re: ARghh!!
- From: "David Bailey" <db at salford-software.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:20 -0400
- Organization: University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
O. Matt Umurhan <matt at NOSPAM.kelvin.nas.nasa.gov> wrote in message
news:7n12tn$bd7 at smc.vnet.net...
> To Whomever Can Help Me:
> I am having the worst time dealing with a complex numbered expression.
> The problem is this: I have a numerical expression I wish mathematica
> to evaluate, the expression happens to be complex. So, I have it
> do the evaluation and for output it gives me, for example,
> Out= ((1+ 2 I) - (43 - 4 I))
> when the ouput ought to read:
> Out= -42 - 2 I
> it leaves the output with these damned parenthesis in there and
> I do not know, for the life of me, how get take this output and
> remove these strange and pesky parens.
In fact the answer is -42+6I, which is what I get when I type your
expression into Mathematica 4.0. Maybe there is something odd about your
notebook. Perhaps you should post the contents of a small notebook which
exhibits this fault.
Prev by Date:
Re: implcit plot with undefined expression
Next by Date:
Re: Compile problem: Mathematica 4
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: