Re: Is there a FAQ? (Different question -- why the pause
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18814] Re: Is there a FAQ? (Different question -- why the pause
- From: polytope at prado.com (Stephen Schiller)
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:30 -0400
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Below is another question, that I was hoping to find
answered in a FAQ, but so far no FAQ!
Here is the question:
In Mathematica 3.0 on a Mac (8500 Power PC)
when I stop typing for a while, and then go
back to enter a calculation Mathemaitca
doesn't respond for about 5 seconds.
NOTE: I am not refering to the time it
takes for the kernel to process my command.
Before the window title bar even indicates that the
kernel is running there is a pause which
I find very annoying. I assume the system
is garbage collecting or something.
So, the question is: is there any way to
modify or eliminate this behavior?
Prev by Date:
Re: Compile problem: Mathematica 4
Next by Date:
Re: Slow Version 4 Front End
Previous by thread:
Re(2): Re: Rationalizing the denominator (better solution!)
Next by thread:
complex-valued expression not simplifying completely (was: ARghh!!)