Re: Slow Version 4 Front End
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18807] Re: Slow Version 4 Front End
- From: Bob Stagat <stagat at mrcsb.com>
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:19:26 -0400
- Organization: Deja.com - Share what you know. Learn what you don't.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Thanks to the several of you who tried to help me with this problem. It turns out that there *is* a problem, and Wolfram already knows about it. Apparently someone in Wolfram's Tech Support must lurk on this NG, because I got the following unsolicited correspondence from them... > We are currently working on a fix to this problem. The problem resides in > the AppleTalk network. Their is no exact date when we will have a patch > available. We will email you as soon as there is a fix. We apologize for > any inconveniences this problem has caused. > > In the meantime, a simple workaround is to disable the AppleTalk network > before you start Mathematica andd start a kernel evaluation. Then enable > the AppleTalk network. This can all be done through the Control Strip > that comes with 8.5 or through the Chooser. I tried their suggestion, and it works like a champ. Thanks, guys. Bob Stagat Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Share what you know. Learn what you don't.