how to calculate surfuce and content of ellipse shapes?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18888] how to calculate surfuce and content of ellipse shapes?
  • From: "Edjes" <edjes at wxs.nl>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 03:30:18 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Yoho

Has anyone got a recommendation for me on how to calculate surface and
content of ellipse 2D en 3D shapes?

There has to be a program wich can do this!

I'd like to create ellips shapes with a formula (to theorize), but I also
need a way to calculate surface from a scanned picture, wich looks like an
ellipse, but is variable.
Could anyone help me out???

Thnx a lot,

Greetz,