saving a list.

I am writing a program that inputs 2 lists of numbers each with two
columns, and creates a 3rd list also with two columns.

For Example, lets say that the files file.txt and file2.txt look like this:

file.txt                  file2.txt

1    1.5                  0    3.6
2    4.6                  2    1.9
3    6.8                  6    4.2

I can read them into Mathematica with ReadList
  A = ReadList["file.txt", {Number, Number}]
  B = ReadList["file2.txt", {Number, Number}]

then I do all my operations that I need to do on them and come up with a
two column matrix C.

In plain old Mathematica form it looks like, say,

C = {{1, 2.7}, {2, 1.9}, {3, 3.0}}

But I want to get a file, call it file3.txt, that contains just 2 columns,
like file.txt and file2.txt.

I've tried TableForm and MatrixForm, etc. to format the output and then
used Save to save it,  but when I open the text file, I get all this junk
in there (Gridbox, TableForm, and all the braces and stuff actually in the
text file).

So is there a way for me to have Mathematica save the information as a
plain old text file with two columns of numbers, no words, no braces, none
of that junk.

Thanks for any help.
-Dave Berube