v4.0 bug???

Hi all,

I 've been having some trouble with Mathematica 4.0.  I just installed
this thing yesterday (sucessfully-- according to the mathematica
installer) but could not run it.  When I start mathematica.exe, the
welcome screen would load but then... NOTHING!  Nothing happened after
that.  The mathematica title bar and welcome screen were then closed and
you couldn't see a trace of them.  I couldn't even run it off the CD!
(even though the installation and running off CD was sucessful for
another machine).

Is the remains of mathematica 3.0 causing this?  I thought I had
expelled the last trace of that program.  Has anyone seen this befeore?
Please help.

RRG
Please send replys to the newsgroup. Thanks