Re: FastBinaryFiles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18919] Re: [mg18884] FastBinaryFiles
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:17:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

There are two problems with this code.  First, filenames
should be specified using double-backslashes...i.e.
	"e:\\data\\binarytest"

although that's not what's causing the error you're seeing.
The error you're getting is due to the fact that you are
actually not using FastBinaryFiles.  Instead, you're using
the Utilities`BinaryFiles` package which comes with
Mathematica.  To use FastBinaryFiles, you need to follow
the directions in the README to install it, then execute
the following command in Mathematica:

Install["binary"]

You should *not* execute the Needs["Utilities`BinaryFiles`"]
command.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com