Re: blah::usage and BeginPackage

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg18931] Re: blah::usage and BeginPackage
  • From: Patrick Hansmeier <patrick at>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 22:17:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

> My question is, how can such a function be defined in a package and made
> available to the outside. Any variations of foo::usage I could come up
> with did not seem to do the job.

Rough outline: firstly a BeginPackage, then the foo:usage-stuff, then with Private, after that your functions, End,
EndPackage. Moreover the input cells containing the definitions have
to be marked as Initalization Cells.

M4's help browser returned chapter-number 6.14.5, this should provide
further insight.

to understand recursion, you have to understand recursion first