Early Results from Mathematica 4.0
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg17952] Early Results from Mathematica 4.0
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kevinmccann at Home.com>
- Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 02:56:14 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Just got 4.0 today. Running on a 450 MHz P2 under W98.
Interface is nice, but not a lot different.
Graphics (2D and 3D) come up noticeably faster
The bad news is that number crunching appears to be slower. I have an
application in which I take a potential function which is a function of R
and theta and expand it in terms of Legendre polynomials. To do this I do a
2D curve fit on the data and then use NIntegrate to get the Legendre
coefficients as a function of R. Here is the timing for two different
Problem# Matheamtica3 Mathematica4
1 156s 197s
2 944s 1044s
At least 10% slower.
Prev by Date:
ReadListBinary -- Is this a bug?
Next by Date:
Re(2): Re: Re:
Previous by thread:
Re: ReadListBinary -- Is this a bug?
Next by thread:
Re: Early Results from Mathematica 4.0