How to convert asci data into Graphics3D[Cuboid] plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17940] How to convert asci data into Graphics3D[Cuboid] plots
  • From: "Luis Miguel Nunes" <lmnunes at esoterica.pt>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 02:56:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi, everyone,

My question is probably trivial, but I'm having difficulty in importing
ascii data (x, y, z) from outputs of fortran programs. When trying to
project 3D data (1 column for each of the coordinates) the answer is that an
"unknown primitive" was met. I don't know if the problem is numeric or in
the importing procedure.

My data is in the following way:

x1  y1  z1
x2  y1  z1
..
xn  y1  z1
x1  y2  z1
x2  y2  z1
..
xn  y2  z1
..
xn  ym  z1
x1  y1  z2
..
xn  ym  zp

In Integer format

I´ve tried several matrix and vector combinations but all gave error
messages. The one that seemed less prone to them was a setence in the
following form:
Show[Graphics3D[ReadList["nameofthefile",Table[Number,{3}]]]]
The outcome was the error message I mentioned above.

If anyone knows how to sove this please do answer.

Luis