Re: Re: Re:

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg17941] Re: [mg17892] Re: [mg17873] Re:
  • From: David Fowler <dfowler at cantor.unl.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 1999 02:56:08 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

re: export of technical software:
There are many US Government rules concerning export of technical
software. See one source below for data.

There is a UK office for WRI, and that might be where Allan got his version.

If WRI has a new "profit-maximizing formula" that's good. I hope it
makes its way into a business package, and I hope WRI makes a profit on
that as well. I hope all the people at WRI get good raises this year for
helping to create and distribute MATHEMATICA.

David Fowler
Lincoln, Nebraska.
USA
==================
<http://www.boskage.com/govpubs.html

US Government Publications
Export Administrative Regulations

A compilation of official regulations and
policies governing the export licensing of
commodities and technical data. One-year
subscription -- printed editions include
all updates. The Deluxe edition includes a
binder and customized tabs.

Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:
-> It seems to me unlikely that the US State Department has anything to
-> do with this. ......... So
-> I suspect it is more likely something to do with wri's new profit
-> maximazing formula no doubt discovered with the help of Mathematica 4.