- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18141] ValueBox ?
- From: hanson.nospam at physics.auburn.edu (James D Hanson)
- Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 00:51:43 -0400
- Organization: Auburn University Physics
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In a recent message, P.J. Hinton wrote
> To see if you are using such a version, paste the following
> expression into a notebook and click "Yes" when the front end asks
> you whether it should attempt to interpret it.
> Cell[TextData[ValueBox["$FullVersion"]], "Text"]
I am curious about just what is happening here.
When I do as I'm told, Mathematica shows
in a cell.
When I type $FullVersion in a cell, Mathematica replies
Yet if I try Cell[TextData[ValueBox["$Version"]], "Text"]
Out= "Power Macintosh 3.0 (May 6, 1997)"
What does ValueBox do? Where does it get its information about $Version
James D. Hanson ph. (334) 844-5044
Department of Physics fax (334) 844-4613
206 Allison Laboratory
Auburn University, AL 36849-5311 hanson.nospam at physics.auburn.edu
Prev by Date:
Re: Options for a function
Next by Date:
Generating self-affiine fractals
Previous by thread:
Re: Equality of integrals
Next by thread:
Re: ValueBox ?