Re: Please Help this NEwbie to Mathematica?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18057] Re: [mg18032] Please Help this NEwbie to Mathematica?
- From: attico <nicola at Linuz.sns.it>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:43:19 -0400
- Delivery-date: Tue Jun 15 04:14:32 1999
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On Sat, 12 Jun 1999, Tadow wrote: > Ok I have Mathematica 3, and this little stupid problem, I > think I did something as to where I cannot type the characters [ and > ], the brackets, they come out as @. Could someone please help, it > kinda hurts when you need these. Yes, i have just the same problem some day ago when i was trying to use Mathematica from the computer in my office. In my case D and B come out instead [ and ]!!:) You have a font problem! In my case, it needs to install the fonts X and Type1 (probably only X) in your system (Unix?). You must install this fonts on your workstation. If you are using a server, they are probably installed here. On Unix, you should copy the font directory in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts or some similar directory and run (in the directory) mkfontdir: this create the fonts.dir file and the fonts are right installed! You can find information on the www. This may suffice. If you have not an Unix system i dont known but i think you can find information on the net. Nicola