Re: Please Help this NEwbie to Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18067] Re: Please Help this NEwbie to Mathematica?
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:43:27 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue Jun 15 08:42:25 1999
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7juc8p$584 at smc.vnet.net>, kohn55 at mindspring.com (Tadow) writes:

> 	Ok I have Mathematica 3, and this little stupid problem,  I
> think I did something as to where I cannot type the characters [  and
> ], the brackets, they come out as @.  Could someone please help, it
> kinda hurts when you need these.

It would be helpful if you would include some information about what
platform you are using since the problem you describe can manifest
itself on different platforms for entirely different reasons.

For Microsoft Windows, the following FAQ may be appropriate:

http://support.wolfram.com/Systems/Windows/FE/FontsNotWorking.html

For UNIX systems, the following FAQ may be appropriate:

http://support.wolfram.com/Systems/Unix/FE/Fonts/index.html

For MacOS, the following FAQ may be appropriate:

http://support.wolfram.com/Systems/Macintosh/FE/Fonts/NotDisplaying.html

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com