Re: Implicit Surface Equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18068] Re: Implicit Surface Equation
  • From: paulh (P.J. Hinton)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 01:43:28 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Tue Jun 15 08:18:13 1999
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <7jucls$5ea at smc.vnet.net>, Neo <fabio at urania.fisica.unige.it> writes:

> 	Hi there (Excuse me for my poor English) !
>
> I am a newbye, and a new Mathematica User (Ver 3.0). I have to plot a
> surface whose equation is given in implicit form f(x,y,z)=0 (Obviously i
> cannot solve for x,y, or z) AND it hasn't any symmetry geiving me the
> chance to put it in polar or other form... What can I do ? Thank you for
> your help ! (Please, if you can answer me at my e-mail address as i cannot
> check newsgroup regularly...)

Paste the following expression in a notebook and evaluate it.

FrontEndExecute[
  FrontEnd`HelpBrowserLookup[
    "AddOns",
    "Graphics`ContourPlot3D`"
  ]
]

This will summon the documentation for the standard package
Graphics`ContourPlot3D`.  Loading the package into the kernel
will add a definition for a function named ContourPlot3D[].
This function should do what you want.  The default behavior
is to generate the level surface f(x, y, z) = 0.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group		paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.