Help with large numbers?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18115] Help with large numbers?
- From: "Ben Hinton" <bible_study at hotmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:26:45 -0400
- Delivery-date: Thu Jun 17 16:57:32 1999
- Organization: INSnet Customer Posting
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, If anyone could help me out with this I would apreciate this: Is it possible to find/make an algorithm to find out the best possible sum to make a specified large number? Example: Here is a typical number I have to deal with - 169041087053108217. I need to break this down into 3 or 4 separate numbers that will get me back to the original number. eg: n * x * y * z = largenumber or x * x + z = largenumber or x + y * z - n = largenumber you get the idea. Each of these smaller numbers pref needs to be 255 or less (but under 65535 will do). Any help would be appreciated! (please mail me on ben at dsmail.com) Ben