Version 4.0 - Importing TIF files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18089] Version 4.0 - Importing TIF files
  • From: LMGorski at webtv.net (Larry Gorski)
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:26:31 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu Jun 17 16:34:19 1999
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am running Version 4.0 and I am trying to import TIF files.  As a
test, I created a TIF file by converting an existing graphic file.  I
was successful in importing the TIF file.  I then tried to import a TIF
file created by another process.  The process is as follows:  I take a
stellar spectra using a CCD camera, and convert the image file from its
proprietary format to a TIF format by using the software package MIRA.
MIRA is an astronomical image processing program.  I cannot import the
TIF fie created in this fashion.  I get an error message that reads
"Incorrect  TIF format"  What constitutes a correct TIF format from an
incorrect TIF format?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.