Re: Mathematica 2.2 on iMac?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18189] Re: Mathematica 2.2 on iMac?
- From: ags at seaman.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman)
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 22:50:32 -0400
- Organization: Purdue University
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In article <7khp5s$qug at smc.vnet.net>, John Roberts <jproberts at sprintmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know whether Mathematica 2.2 will run successfully on an >iMac (Mac OS 8.5.1 and later)? The original Mathematica 2.2 was 68k only. I think there was a 2.2.x release for the PowerPC, but I never received that version. The 68k release came in two forms, one requiring an FPU and the other not. The FPU-only version will not run on any PowerPC Mac unless you have software to emulate the floating-point unit. I think there is a product called SoftwareFPU for that purpose. -- Dave Seaman dseaman at purdue.edu Pennsylvania Supreme Court Denies Fair Trial for Mumia Abu-Jamal <http://mojo.calyx.net/~refuse/altindex.html>