NonlinearRegress, Weights, Syntax

Hi,

I've been fighting against the syntax of the option "Weights" in the
NonlinearRegress command. I want to fit large data sets and I don't want
to type hundreds of values. I'd rather use a function defining the weight
of each data points. But how to do it with Mathematica 3 for Unix?
For instance:
NonlinearRegress[dataset, fitfunction(x,para),{x},{para},Weights->{???}]
I would appreciate someone helping me remove the question marks!

Dr. Frederic Fontaine    Forschungszentrum Rossendorf
                         Inst. fur Ionenstrahlphys. und Materialforschung
Tel: +49 351/260 2065    Postfach 51 01 19
Tel: +49 351/260 3411    D-01314 Dresden, Germany