Re: mathlink and absoft C compiler
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18297] Re: mathlink and absoft C compiler
- From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:05:36 -0400
- Organization: "Wolfram Research, Inc."
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 22 Jun 1999, Beverly Bradley wrote: > We are trying to set up some processing, part of which could be efficiently > done with existing capabilities - > > Has anyone successfully used the following components together ? > Macintosh (G3) > Mathematica 3.0 > Mathlink > Absoft C routines > > At this point, I'm not looking for a detailed discussion of how it should > be done, as much as just a simple "yes it can be done", which would be very > encouraging. In principle, this is possible, but you're going to need a development envirionment that supports the C programming language such as Code Warrior or Macintosh Programmer's Workshop. The MathLink Developer's Kit that accompanies the professional version of Mathematica includes the tools that are needed to link a C program against the MathLink libraries so that they can be installed and evaluated from the Mathematica kernel. -- P.J. Hinton Mathematica Programming Group paulh at wolfram.com Wolfram Research, Inc. Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone.