Re: mathlink and absoft C compiler

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18297] Re: mathlink and absoft C compiler
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:05:36 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 22 Jun 1999, Beverly Bradley wrote:

> We are trying to set up some processing, part of which could be efficiently
> done with existing capabilities -
>
> Has anyone successfully used the following components together ?
>   Macintosh (G3)
>   Mathematica 3.0
>   Mathlink
>   Absoft C routines
>
> At this point, I'm not looking for a detailed discussion of how it should
> be done, as much as just a simple "yes it can be done", which would be very
> encouraging.

In principle, this is possible, but you're going to need a development
envirionment that supports the C programming language such as Code Warrior
or Macintosh Programmer's Workshop.

The MathLink Developer's Kit that accompanies the professional version of
Mathematica includes the tools that are needed to link a C program against
the MathLink libraries so that they can be installed and evaluated from
the Mathematica kernel.

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com