Canceling square roots with Simplify
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18211] Canceling square roots with Simplify
- From: "efarr" <efarr at farr-research.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:41:08 -0400
- Organization: Thunder Network Technologies, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, Try typing in the following in a new session of Mathematica (I'm currently running ver 3.0 under WinNT). Simplify[ Sqrt[b^2]*Sqrt[1/b^2] ] It seems like the b's should cancel, and I should get 1. Why don't I? Is there any workaround? Thanks very much Everett G. Farr