Canceling square roots with Simplify
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg18211] Canceling square roots with Simplify
- From: "efarr" <efarr at farr-research.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:41:08 -0400
- Organization: Thunder Network Technologies, Inc.
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Try typing in the following in a new session of Mathematica (I'm currently
running ver 3.0 under WinNT).
Simplify[ Sqrt[b^2]*Sqrt[1/b^2] ]
It seems like the b's should cancel, and I should get 1. Why don't I? Is
there any workaround?
Thanks very much
Everett G. Farr
Prev by Date:
Forcing Re's to be Real
Next by Date:
Re: problem with Part function
Previous by thread:
Re: Forcing Re's to be Real
Next by thread:
Re: Canceling square roots with Simplify