CounterBox to different notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18252] CounterBox to different notebook
  • From: Henrik Weimer <henrik at rice.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:24:33 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

I would like to build a large document using Mathematica. Because
I anticipate files to become very large very quickly, I decided the
right thing to do is to break the document into smaller notebooks, one
per chapter. The most nagging problem I am facing at this time is the
following:

How can I have cross references from one notebook to another? For
example, inside a notebook, CounterBox can be used to create automatic
numbering objects that reference tagged cells in the notebook, e.g.
numbered equations or figures. Is there a way of having such cross
references go to cell that reside in a different notebook?

Thanks,

  Henrik Weimer