problems printing in Mathematica 3

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18253] problems printing in Mathematica 3
  • From: Henrik Weimer <henrik at rice.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:24:35 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

I am unable to figure out how to print a notebook in Mathematica 3.0.1
on both IRIX and Solaris. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In
particular, whenever I really depend on a printout, Mathematica fails
consistently :-)

What I do is the following: Look at a notebook in the front end, go to
file, print, select "print to file". The resulting PostScript file is
broken. An example of this can be found here

  http://www.cs.rice.edu/~henrik/ch3.nb.ps

When I look at the file it seems to contain mirrored output of part of
the page.

Thanks for any hint on how to fix this.

     Henrik Weimer