TOUGH Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18266] TOUGH Question
  • From: "Chris Weiß" <none at home.de>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:24:51 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi everyboby.

I read a file with FastBinaryRead into a list called data.
How can I manipulate these data ?
I want to delete selected position and copy other Byte to a second List like
{nx,ny} to get a graph with PlotList.
But I always get the error message: Partition::normal: Nonatomic expression
expected at position 1 in Partition[data, 80].

How can I convert these list int a nonatomic expression.
Or can I read the file into an other construct (like Table or other).

Now the code witch is causing the problems:
>  stream = OpenReadBinary[FileName];
>  data = ReadListBinary[stream,Byte];
>  Partition[data,80];

The Output is: Partition::normal: Nonatomic expression expected at position
1 in Partition[data, 80].

Thanks a lot

Chris