Re: TOUGH Question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg18275] Re: TOUGH Question
  • From: Guilherme Roschke <gr at network3.entropy.upenn.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:05:21 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Now the code witch is causing the problems:
> >  stream = OpenReadBinary[FileName];
> >  data = ReadListBinary[stream,Byte];
> >  Partition[data,80];
>
> The Output is: Partition::normal: Nonatomic expression expected at position
> 1 in Partition[data, 80].

	I think whats happening is ReadListBinary is putting {} around
your data which is alread a list.  Try seeing what the Dimensions[data]
gives you.  it might be something like {1,32,32} (if you file contains a
32X32 array).  This might cause data to be atomic (ie be a list of one
element (your array) rather than simply your array). if this is the case,
Flatten[data,1] will fix this.

Or this might not be the problem, although it sounds familiar.

-Guilherme

Guilherme Roschke			 	*
Programmer					*
Dept. of Anesthesia				*
University of Pennsylvania Medical School	*
gr at network3.entropy.upenn.edu			*